Thursday, May 15, 2014

Closing Time

That song came on the radio today... I dont really know who sings it but regardless it's beautiful. I dont have to know who sings a song or why they wrote it. I just have to be thankful they did and appreciate how the song speaks to me personally. Nobody gets the exact same meaning from a song! That's the beauty of music and lyrics. Each and every song speaks to a persons heart in it's own way. That in itself is beautiful. The human soul is an interesting and wonderful thing... it's always growing, always thriving, learning... whether good or bad. It's constantly consuming the feelings we feel, the events that occur in our lives, and shaping us little by little into the people we are.We're always changing. So who knows who we'll be in ten years? We hope mostly the same but who can tell?

For me, I suppose this question should be greatly meditated on with prayer to the Almighty. If one's heart and soul belongs to the Lord you do not need to worry about such things. And if you're partner is seeking the same things you are... then you shouldn't have to worry about growing apart in ten years or so. I truely am believeing that is one of the reasons a majority of couples last for decades... until death. Seeking the Lord with all you're heart will bring you both together. It's something immensely important in people's lives and its brings them together... one common goal you're always seeking.

I think marrying or loving someone who believes something spiritually different than you can cause a serious damper on you're relationship. And although it is possible to overcome those obstacles with open mindedness and respect there will never be full understanding of each other and why or how that person feels the way they do. If you marry someone of the same faith, or no faith at all at least you would have that basic understanding of each other. A decent foundation.

I dont really know what brought this up and put it on my heart.

I've just been dealing with some things personally and I'm just trying to give those worries and thoughts unto the Lord and seek guidance and wisdom. I could always be more active in my faith and seek... That conviction is very deep indeed. We'll see what the future holds, but I dont want to waste my time and my life waiting. I want to be proactive in what course this life takes... and not just settle for what it is.

Sometimes I feel greedy for wanting so much more.

Ehhh... well, I am naturally very selfish in my own way.
Petty, prideful, whiney...
Nothing will ever change if I keep these attributes.

I'm not a terrible person, but I could be better. Seek and strive to be a better and more wonderful human being. I've always just dreamed that someday I would make a difference in the world. And maybe it wouldnt be by myself because I dont seek the glory. I seek the feeling of doing good for others. Weird, eh?





By the way. Here is a before and after picture of my weight watchers progress.


No comments: