Sunday, October 9, 2011

I remember...

I remember a time when I was young and used to dream of adventures. Movies, books and television shows were my inspiration... Along with music and things my friends would say and do. I would sit for hours and write pages and pages of adventures my characters would go on. And each character would represent a piece of my soul, personality and what I believed. My characters were always pure hearted, a little lost and the main characters would always seem to be searching for their family members. I relate that symbolically to the loss of my father and the distance between my relatives. But, I had a lot of fun.

Heather and I used to write a book together. We planned on publishing it one day but we could never think fo a title for it. We decieded for the time being it would be called, "The Story With No Title." Oh, when I think back on that story I cant help but chuckle. We were very private about it, only letting few eyes fall upon the words written. Maybe our moms would listen in on occasion to our phone conversations or a stupid boy would walk by and steal the note book. (That guy was so mean... but for some reason his memory makes me laugh. 8th grade was such a lame year but I can look back and laugh at a lot of funny things that happened.) A teacher once caught us writing in math class. He told us to save it for English class and watched us until Heather put it away in her back pack. Haha. Heather and I would brain storm for hours and switch the note book back and fourth. Co-authors. And yeah, I guess you could say we've improved on our writing skills throughout high school because of our writing.

No, it didnt help in Math though. We had the worst math teacher in 10th grade. His name was one that I cant even remember how to spell... He once stood in front of the class and asked, "Why did I even become a teacher? I hate my job. And I hate kids." I remember being being very astounded by this. You would ask him for help and he would speed through the problem and if you still didnt understand walk away and pretend you did. He was a piece of work...

In ninth grade Heather and I distanced a bit. I'm still not sure what happened but kids go through depression. Things were hard that year, for reasons disclosed. I remember having fights in the halls and we would often head to class angry. We made more friends to help fill the void when we did fight but our fights never lasted more then a period of so! Ha. We always made up. We always have. I've always just waited for her to come back and start up conversation... Sometimes we avoided the topic, all that needed to be said had been said. Then other times we would simply write out feelings of anger and frustration out to each other. I still have notes to this day we wrote to each other. Notes of crushes, first loves, clothes, our mothers, friends... and comics! :) Thats right, Heather was and is a very talented artist. She should write her own in my opinion. They're so cute!!


11th grade I switched schools to be with Heather even though it was farther away from my house. We were back to our normal selves and even joined a school play. She took interest first, I encouraged her to do it but she wouldn't unless I joined with her. The audition was so bad... I didnt even know the song I was singing which definitely screwed over me getting any role... Hey, I was unprepared and didnt even know I had to get a song ready.

At this school I had a lot of trouble making friends. Until 12th grade I met a group of really fun individuals. I still keep in touch with a few and a lot are getting married, which is insane to me. In a good way, I guess. :) They're happy. Thats all I can truly wish for. Japanese class was a blast, English Collage Writing was hard but fun and Creative Writing was amazing since I loved to be creative anyway. Senior year was fun. I dont have very many bad things to say about it. It wasnt great, but it wasnt bad and I had a lot of fun at Prom. I went with a group of kids I didnt know very well and yes... They really wanted to party! ;)

My mom was pretty poor that year. I wore my homecoming dress which was black with blue lace and sparkles. I still have it. Its beautiful. :)

Oh snap! Its 411am. I need to hit the sack.

No comments: