Whale was literally five feet away from the boat and maybe... a few feet under?
So beautiful. <3
I was having a good time. Can you tell?
Last weekend I went whale watching and it was amazing. I love Orca whales. I have loved them since I was a little kid and still have a passion for them. When I was young I went on my Uncles sail boat and he and my mother took me to see the Orca Pod called "J Pod". Well, I returned and I saw them again. For me it was an amazing moment. My heart fluttered and it was like reuniting with my childhood. The whales that swam before me were some of the same whales that I saw over ten years ago. It was totally and completely amazing. I didnt think it would affect me in the way it did. I felt like I wanted to cry I was so happy. And J-28 "Black Berry" swam up to the boat and checked out all the eager on lookers. :) They are beautiful, massive creatures. Powerful and gentle and loving. They love their families. Orca whales are not fish and are actually not whales at all... But run in the dolphin family! Whatever they are... they are beautiful creatures that the Pacific Northwest has many myths and legends about... running from the Indians of the San Juans to the settlers down south.
I just am in awe of the beauty in which they are. God created amazing things and they are one of them. He is so creative. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment