Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Soul



My soul will forever remain, partially and symbolicly ofcourse, at the ocean. I had been wanting to go for a long time. Ever since I began reading the 'twilight' series. Its a really awesome vampire love story book, that takes place in forks, washington. So monday morning I woke myself up at 7:45am and by ten, mom and I had packed our bags and set up the gps and were on our way to Forks! I didnt expect much out of the trip... Only, that I wanted to get away from my life, even for a little while. It was so fantastic! Forks was small but mom and I headed further down highway 101 and found another place in the book called, La Push. It was beautiful. An old fishing town on an indian reservation. :) I could have stayed there all day... but having my mom and dogs with me, we couldnt stay for that long. Lol. But I felt so good there. Not heavy, my burdens were so light and my vision only saw the crashing waves which soothed me. Something about that place just completely relaxed me... So diffrent from home. I felt home, I guess. I have always loved the ocean, but this was so diffrent. I cant explain. I almost wanna cry to think about it. I was so happy. It was an adventure that will always be placed on my heart... always. It stuck to me. I want to someday buy some land, or a house in that area so that whenever I need a getaway I can take it. My soul is somewhat tied there I think, because if it wasnt then I wouldnt have felt so attatched. Its so green there, the trees are super tall, the rivers are beautiful, the mountains are great. Its a great place. I had such an awesome time and the pictures I took dont even do it justice!! I'll post some soon, I hope. :) Just so awesome. Wow.

And I cant wait for the twilight movie to come to theater!! I already bought my tickets. One for me and one for my close friend Jessica. I'm going the night it opens... or morning I should say. It starts at 12:01 am on the twenty-first. I'll head right from work and to the movies! My friends at work wont be able to shut me up all night. :) They'll be so sick of hearing about it, but thats ok!! I dont care. Lol.

I also voted on the fourth!! Obama won, but thats ok. I still did my part to contribute to society. I did my job and if he does a bad job in office, I can complain with rights because I actually voted... Unlike some people. lol.

Tomorrow is Jessica Wilders birthday. :) Whohoo. Nineteen years old. Hooraay.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I just heard about that book last week - it was on the news because of where it takes place. They talked about people visiting those towns (who love the book). I was reminded of the first time I made the trek to Astoria - due to The Goonies. We drove there from MT and it was such a cool experience. I love taking road trips and those places you described sound sooo beautiful! I'll have go there someday. I'll have to check out that movie when it comes out :) Glad you had such a wonderful time!
Way to go voting! I was in the minority as well....but now we can bitch and moan like they've been doing for so long..haha
Oh, tell Jessica happy b-day from me.